We are thrilled you are thinking of engaging our company for a quote on a revamp for your bathroom, kitchen or laundry!
As we are a resurfacing company, we focus on reusing and resurfacing your old existing items – wall tiles, floor tiles, bath tub, kitchen doors and bench tops, and transforming them into something amazing. To complete your project though there may be a few more trades you might need.
We created the below checklist to help you go through this process. Remember, every project we work on is unique, so you can pick and choose the services that you need. And if you have any questions, just ask us!
- Retro Revamp will remove old vanities, tap ware, ovens, sinks, shower screens and/or toilets in order to properly prepare the surfaces in your bathroom or kitchen as part of our project. This includes removing and replacing any broken tiles prior to resurfacing.
- We will also arrange custom measuring for your new shower screen which will be installed at the end of your project.
- New chrome grates will be installed in your floor as part of the floor resurfacing process.
- We will remove all your kitchen or vanity doors and resurface these items off site. The fixed panels and bench tops are resurfaced on site.
- As the doors are resurfaced off site, we remove these a week before your project will commence in order to have them ready at completion of your project.
- You don’t need to empty your kitchen cupboards as we will cover them up to prevent overspray.
Prior to accepting your Revamp we advise you speak to other trades you may need to complete your project. This will give you a clear understanding of your project cost and can assist in keeping your project within your budget when it comes to working out any extra items you may need to purchase.
- PLUMBER: You will need a plumber to install any new tap ware, toilets, basins or vanities that you choose to include in your project. Before you purchase any items, we suggest you make an appointment with a plumber to view your project. Ask your plumber what type of fittings you need to purchase to make sure they will be compatible with your existing plumbing configuration. This applies to tap ware, toilets, vanities and basins. If you think you have a potential water leak / water damage this MUST be checked prior to us resurfacing your tiles. We have plumbers with whom we work with and are happy to pass on their details.
- ELECTRICIAN: If you would like to install a new oven, stove top, range-hood or heat light in your project, we recommend getting in touch with an electrician who will give you a separate estimate for this service.
- CABINET MAKER: If you would like to make any modifications to your kitchen joinery you will need a cabinet maker to do this work prior to us resurfacing. We do remove old laminate bench tops and cut down high breakfast bars as part of our kitchen revamps, but we are not able to change or alter cabintery.
Kitchen Door Handles
Have you considered if you will keep your door handles in the same place? If you would like to install new handles please advise us prior to resurfacing, as the original holes may need to be filled and painted. If you are purchasing new handles which will go in the same spot, please also let us know. You can install them yourself if you prefer, or we are happy to install them for you (please ask us to quote on this service).
If you don’t plan to install your new towel rails, toilet holders etc yourself, your plumber will be the person to install these for you. Make sure you ask them to include this as part of their quote. If you are not home on the day they will install these items, make sure you discuss the location you want them to be installed. Otherwise, feel free to let us know and we can mark out these locations ready for them to install.